Saturday, April 2, 2016

Smaller loss this week, but still a loss

Yeah, after the last two weeks having fairly big drops, this week was much less dramatic - despite still fasting four days. Did I indulge a bit more last weekend being Easter? Maybe a little, I did have some mixed nuts which are a favourite of mine. Or could it be monthly weight gain coming around again? Whatever the reason, I'll take the loss and just keep doing what I'm doing.

So this week I'm down just .4 kg or .88 lb. bringing my total loss since 12th March to 6.3 kg or 13.89 lb. I was hoping for another big number, but it is what it is.


I fasted Monday and Tuesday, ate just one meal Wednesday evening with an Atkins bar and a couple tablespoons no-added-sugar peanut butter for dessert, then fasted again Thursday and Friday. I will be especially careful to eat light this weekend and hopefully see better results next weekend.

I've had a recommendation to try cutting out caffeine to help with weight loss ... that one may be tough because on fasting days I drink a lot of tea and some Pepsi Max (never have liked coffee). I feel like these are the last vices I have and it would be tough to give them up. I could switch to caffeine free Diet Pepsi but I don't like it as well as the Pepsi Max. I find I tend to get dry, scratchy throat sometimes during the day and water alone doesn't seem to relieve it, I need the bubbles in the fizzy drinks sometimes. That and it's so bloody cold in the office where I work - year round - and with cooler weather approaching sometimes a hot mug of tea is desperately needed. We'll see - I'll go another week on the same routine and if I don't see a better result, it may be something to consider.

As far as activities, I've walked half hour to an hour every day, and we'll have another big walk this weekend - that and lots of yard chores should keep me busy. That's it for now, hope you all had a great week.

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the fasting is working for you!! Downward you go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are having success!!! Bravo.

    Anything, and I do mean ANYTHING you cannot give up is a red flag, to me. I faced an addiction to Lara Bars, Medifast bars and brownies, Nuts, Diet Coke, dried fruit. I gave them all up. in the first year or two of maintenance.

    I give up my 85% chocolate 30 days for two months a year, just to test since there is a teeny bit of sugar in there. No difference and I could go my life time without it. Aint no big deal. That's how I know it's okay.

    I almost regained my weight back!! I use flavored mineral water occasionally , sometimes with natural calm (magnesium) if I want something fizzy an a teeny sweet.

    Let us know what is working for you. How's your glucose after your Pepsi Max? could make all the difference, or not. Everyone will react differently to different foods/drinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's a blood sugar thing as Pepsi Max is sugar-free, and there's really no 'after' it cuz I sip it throughout the day rather than drink it all at once. Mainly I drink water or tea all day at work, and I never used to drink the tea at all until I moved to a new office where it's perpetually freezing! I have complained so much but they are not going to do anything about it so a coat and lots of hot tea gets me through the day. I haven't seen caffeine-free tea bags but I will have a look.

      Delete
  3. You're doing great on your losses so far - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A loss is a loss ... so well done.
    If all else fails I'm pretty sure Amazon have caffeine-free tea bags.

    Have a good week

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I may have to look! It's just a hot drink I need, not the caffeine, so that may work.

      Delete
  5. You are doing so great!! (I can't have fizzy drinks anymore and I miss them!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I kind of feel like I've given up nearly everything I enjoy, this is my last vice! Surely I can keep ONE! Lol.

      Delete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!