Saturday, March 26, 2016

Dropped 2.2 kg this week; nearly 5 pounds!

So this week I followed essentially the same pattern as last week - eating Sunday, Wednesday and Saturday; fasting Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Only instead of light meals Wednesday I only ate one meal in the evening. Actually I was feeling that good and really wanted to go three days in a row, so I fasted during the day and I really didn't want to eat that night. But I'd already planned our menu for the week and it was nice to have a meal with my hubby. But I could easily have gone three days in a row, maybe longer. And I felt great! And I lost close to five pounds this week! So the stats since I started this new fasting routine are:


You can bet I'm going to keep doing this as long as it works - I can't even tell you how thrilled I am to see losses again. So I mentioned I eat very light on Wednesday, in the middle of the fasting periods. On the weekends, I eat normally - not pigging out. I stick to low carb meals, generally starting the day with an Atkins shake and/or snack bar. Lunch is often tuna or egg salad with a green salad on the side, mayo and Dijon mustard combined is my favourite salad dressing. Then I have a low carb meal for dinner followed by an Atkins bar (and sometimes some nuts).

I was toying with the idea of trying to go the full five weekdays without eating, but it is nice to eat with hubby once during the week. Plus this is working right now, so maybe I'll reserve that option in the event I stop losing this well.  We'll see.

Anyway, my citizenship ceremony went very well, we did not go out afterward which made the fasting very easy. I was thinking we had to go up and say our pledges one by one, so I kept trying to memorise it, but when the time came we stood as a group and said it, so it was no big deal. So I'm now a dual citizen! I would never give up my US Citizenship, and fortunately it's not required. But I'm officially an Aussie now, fair dinkum! Aussies will understand. :)

14 comments:

  1. I would be so hungry! But it's working for you and you're not hungry, so more power to you :) Glad you have found a solution that works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone thinks that until they try it. In truth, you get hungry the first time you try it, but not starving. Hunger comes and goes in waves. By the second or third day it's so much easier. I hope this is going to continue to work for me, I've been stalled and slowly regaining too long and I'm tired of hearing women my age just have to deal with it.

      Delete
  2. Well done Anna, great to read your news - and you seem very happy with this eating plan. Keep us posted!

    Glad the citizenship ceremony went well.

    Enjoy this Easter Weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new WOE (way of eating). So important to find what helps you feel good. I'm glad you are blogging about it, too, so that others can n=1. Good stuff.

    Also congrats on your citizenship. Better benefits for SURE! Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, I had to find something that works as I wasn't about to give up! Fingers crossed it continues to be the answer!

      Delete
  4. That's impressive! Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done on the losses! Fair dinkum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good deal!! So glad that it is working for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to think that I could do this... I'm so glad it's working for you. Congratulations on becoming an Aussie :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!