Sunday, December 6, 2015

From Egg Fast to IF again.

Well I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, or off the wagon for that matter. Frustrated with my stall and researching LCHF I came across something called the Egg Fast. Have you heard of this? It's for those who have stalled on LCHF and want to break through. For 3-5 days you eat eggs, butter and cheese (with few exceptions, some modify to include other fats like mayo so they can make egg salad). You can add small amounts of seasoning or a bit of mustard.

A quick Google search will tell you more, I think it was developed by low carb guru, author and podcaster Jimmy Moore of Livin La Vida Low Carb. You have at least six eggs per day and must have a tablespoon of butter or other allowed fat for each egg. You can also have an ounce (28 g) of cheese for each egg but they recommend you have less. Anyway the bloggers I found claimed to have dropped like 5-7 pounds in those 3-5 days. You will regain half a pound or more when you go off, depending on how gently you transition back, e.g. don't go nuts your first day off. In fact have 1-2 egg meals and one regular LCHF meal and transition back slowly. Most said they kept most of the weight off. My experience?

I did it from Sunday to Thursday last week, transitioning off on Friday and Saturday. I found a couple of delicious recipes which I saved for later in the week in case I tired of eggs, as most said they did ... but I didn't really. I love eggs. Monday I had dropped over a pound and a half. Then I stayed the same Tuesday. Wednesday I dropped about 3/4 of a pound and stayed there the rest of the time. About half that weight came back after my first transition day and the rest after the second. Very frustrating. I am starting to think I am not only never going to see goal, but I'm going to struggle to maintain the loss I have!

Not giving up, just beyond frustrated. I fasted completely today and will resume alternate day fasting this week along with eating much less on the days I do eat. Still sticking to LCHF. That's all I got.

6 comments:

  1. I feel for you. Currently 4-6 pounds above my original goal weight that I maintained for 3+ years. I have one current test going on through the end of 2015, then I'll start one or two other tests and just accept it.

    My weight is subcutaneous- hips and thighs, it's not the visceral belly fat so it's just a more curves, which I'm okay with. Frustrating, though. Unintentional gluten exposure on 11/17/2015 and scale has not budged. I have to accept it could take awhile for my gut to get better again.

    The struggle is real. I may even go back to IF a few days to see if I can force a change. Big hugs and know you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm sure you know what I am going to say Anna ...
    Stick with LCHF

    You may find some of the articles Amy has written an interesting read ...
    http://www.tuitnutrition.com/

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan ... I'm finding those articles fascinating, thanks for sharing. Especially the part about having your thyroid checked! I have seven of the twelve symptoms!

      Delete
  3. I tried an egg fast several months ago - yes, I dropped several pounds over those 3 days, but regained most of them when I went back to LCHF. Plus, it's just boring eating only eggs, fat, and cheese. Hard to sustain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mind the eggs and found some recipes to help. But overall the results were not as I hoped. :(

      Delete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!