Tuesday, October 20, 2015

It's working! Down 4.85 lb this week.

I weighed in this morning at 76.7kg (169 lb), which is down 2.2 kg (4.85 lb) from where I was just eight days ago when I started my new plan. I've been using FitDay and saved my own custom foods list which makes it quick and easy to track what I eat by just picking from the list. I've stayed LCHF (low-carb, high-fat) skipping my evening meal every other day. Calorie intake ranged from 1100-1300 on the days I had dinner to 800-900 on the days I didn't. Some of that loss is water weight of course, but I'm so happy to finally be back in the 160s, and just 19 pounds from goal.

Keeping it LCHF has been really satisfying -- I'm never hungry so it's really easy to stay on plan. My averages for the week were 9% of calories from carbs, 33% protein, and 58% fat. That's pretty close to my goal of 10% carbs, 30% protein and 60% fat.

So that's about it -- obviously I will stay the course this week, and while I don't think I'll pull big numbers in week two, I'm very hopeful I'll continue moving in the right direction.

9 comments:

  1. Well done getting back into it - it's so easy after a long holiday to let go. So glad you are losing again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely too long to be off track but it sure feels good to be back on track.

      Delete
  2. Whoo Hooooo!!!! LCHF and IF for the WIN!!!! Happy Dancing for you right now. I find the LCHF approach with other tools (good sleep, Wahl's Paleo Plus, low level ketosis) to be so, so helpful. My body loves the natural fat.

    So happy for your success and glad that you are onto your next goal. So exciting. :) So tasty, too. A WIN-WIN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, I am just so pleased for you.
    It's been so good to follow your path, and I'm sure other readers have found the information so helpful.

    I've just enjoyed a very nice LCHF dinner ... it was fish tonight, very delicious.

    Take Care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!