Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Wisconsin and Illinois

I can't believe we're back in Reno already ... the time is flying by! We have had very sporadic Internet connection while in Wisconsin and Illinois so I haven't been able to upload photos to the blog yet. Our connection is enough that I can post but uploading pics is virtually impossible right now, so unfortunately those will have to wait.

I spent about a week and a half in Wisconsin visiting friends and family ... so many to see and I didn't get to everyone but we had a great time. Our friends had extra bikes and took us on a couple of great bike trails, so we got some exercise in and I sure can feel it in my legs and rear end ... I haven't ridden a bike in years! We also walked through the park, the zoo, and a local historic district with some gorgeous old 1800s homes. My husband and I have such different reactions when we look at these houses ... I think they're so beautiful but he sees them as a maintenance nightmare ... maybe but they are so cool!

It was so good to see everyone and so hard to leave them all again. Especially my brothers and my dear uncle, the only one left from my parents' generation. He's 78 and we had to drive for 8 hours over 2 days to get to him as he's so far south in Illinois he's nearly in Kentucky! We spent a day there and it was hard to say goodbye knowing it's been nine years since I last saw him and Lord knows how long it might be until we meet again ... he's had health issues, too, so I worry about him. But I promised to stay in touch and send more pictures.

So after driving 5 hours back to Chicago we're now in Reno overnight again, then a 4.5 hour drive back to Oregon to spend more time with my brother and his lovely wife. That's it for now ... hopefully I will be able to upload pics again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Anna - so good to know you're having a great time.
    I'd be with you on the house's ... I'm sure they are beautiful and full of character.

    Keep enjoying your trip

    'til next time

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are really traveling. It is nice though to see all you love ones. Happy Trip.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!