Saturday, July 18, 2015

So close to goal I can taste it!

So I ended the week at 73.5 kg (162.04 lb) which brings my total loss to 56.8 kg (125.22 lb). I seriously cannot believe I am 5.5 kg (12.13 lb) from my goal weight right now. This weight loss journey has been two years so far, and there were some thrilling successes and frustrating stalls along the way but isn't that what the path to success looks like? It's not a straight line unfortunately, it zigs, it zags and it's full of curves, but I am determined and I will get there.

One more week of work and then I'm on leave for seven weeks. I'm so excited to be going home to the States and I know there will be temptations there ... foods I have missed so much that just are not available in Australia (Chicago deep dish pizza and Reuben sandwiches come to mind) but whatever happens I will reach my goal this year. If I come back from America heavier than when I left I know ADF will help me get back on track and cross that finish line. Nothing is going to stop me.

This week two people who have not seen me in a few months said I looked amazing ... it sure felt good to hear that. One said my face has changed so much, and she probably last saw me when I was just 10-15 pounds heavier. That amount wasn't so noticeable when I was over 200 pounds but now it seems it makes quite a difference. I look in the mirror and I can see my mother now. People have said I looked like her but when I was obese I didn't see it so much. Now I do and I can't wait for family and friends back home to see me again. I have lost weight (and regained it) several times in the past, and when I was last home about nine years ago I was probably about 90 kg (200 lb), not the 130 kg (287 lb) I found myself at two years ago. I don't think I've weighed this little since the late 80s. So if I haven't reached goal before I go it won't matter at all, it will still be a big change for them.

We've had such a cold spell here this week ... there was snow just an hour's drive from me! I have not seen snow in 12 years and I like it that way! It feels sort of like Christmas in July. I'll be going home to the last month of summer and coming back to spring -- it's usually is quite nice here by September so hopefully I can kiss the rest of winter goodbye very soon.

10 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you Anna. You are a true success story. I will tell you to be careful on your trip....NOT because of the numbers on the scale, but because your gut is used to eating a very specific way, and I speak from experience when I say our guts are MUCH less tolerant of crap now than they used to be. At least mine is. I don't want you to go through that pain. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, that is definitely a concern and I will be mindful. Thanks for the kind words my friend. :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Anna. Perseverance sure pays off. So happy for you. Have a great trip home:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh ... You were my inspiration so a huge thanks to you!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your successes - you're so close! Have a great trip back to the states.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna - what a great post to read. You have done so well and so deserve the rewards that weight loss and feeling so much healthier brings too ....

    Have an absolutely wonderful trip back home, can't wait to hear about it.

    Many thanks too for taking time to read and comment on the low carb diabetic blog - it is appreciated.

    Take Care and Enjoy your much looked forward to trip.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan ... I do read the blog but it doesn't always let me comment. I was pleased it did this time. I think it's because I am on an iPad as nothing happens when I try to select the pictures in the Captcha. Anyways thanks for your kind words and I will share pictures from the trip. I can't wait!

      Delete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!