Saturday, June 27, 2015

Down 7.8kg (17.2 lb) in a month of ADF!

Just over a month actually. I started ADF 22nd May, it's 27th June this morning and I weighed in at 74.3 kg (163.8 lb). That's down half a kilo (1.1 lb) from last week, 7.8 kg (17.2 lb) since I started ADF, and exactly 56 kg (123.46 lb) overall.  I can't believe I have just 6.3 kg (13.89 lb) to go to reach my initial goal. That's nothing, I'm almost there! Whether I make it before my trip or not doesn't matter ... I know that I WILL make it.

People at work have noticed I'm losing again ... I must admit that feels great! Still buying size 14AU or Medium tops and pants. I need a new pair of jeans, the 16s are loose on me. I tried the 14s yesterday and they fit great ... but they are so expensive here that I didn't buy them. I figure I'll be home in August, I can get Levi's at a decent price. These that I have from Just Jeans are nice, I really like them, but why spend $70 on another pair when I can probably get jeans for around $30 back home. Hell Levi's here can go for upwards of $150! That's crazy. No, I think I can wait another month for new jeans. Who knows, maybe I'll be size 12 by then!

I have been asked about pictures ... I don't think you'll see a big change yet since I had gone up a bit before starting ADF, but I will do some soon. Certainly while I'm back in the States. :)

11 comments:

  1. When we used to live in Australia (in Perth), we'd always have friends who wanted us to bring back Levi's when we went on home leave. And basketball boots. :)

    So happy for you that the ADF is working SO well. Congratulations on being so close to goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Last time I went home people were placing Levi orders. This time I plan to shop a lot so won't have a lot of room for other people's jeans. Lol.

      Delete
  2. That's amazing Anna !!! I'm tempted to give this a go. How often do you fast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read some older posts to see what you do. You are so close to goal, they won't know you when you get home!

      Delete
    2. Lynda I'm doing Alternate Day Fasting so every other day I eat nothing all day. But many people find success with 5:2 fasting (only fast 2 days a week) or a daily eating window fast (only eat between say 11 am and 7 pm, fast the other 16 hrs). ADF works for me. A good site to learn the basics is www.fastday.com but there are others.

      Delete
  3. That's amazing! You're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna!

    Sorry I missed you along the way some how. I'll re-add you to my blog roll.

    I think I'm going to research this a little more, and probably give it a go. You are such a great role model in making it work, it intrigues me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks for the kind words, Gwen. I think for those already eating healthy it's much easier to start a fasting program. Those still on the SAD diet will find it more difficult and experience more hunger I'm told. I'm so used to it now. I love that I don't get hungry. In the beginning you might eat more on a feast day but now I find I can't eat too much on a feast day as I would feel uncomfortably full. I can tell real hunger from that hungry feeling I used to get an hour after eating carbs which was really just insulin causing a sudden drop in blood sugar. I'm loving it!

      Delete
  5. What an amazing journey on your weight loss. I'm sure many of your readers have found it interesting and helpful.

    Happy Jeans buying later this year !

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! I look forward to it very much.

      Delete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!