Sunday, June 7, 2015

Big drop this week ... thank you ADF!

Oh this is clearly working for me. This week even better than last week! I am so pleased, I saw two new low weights this week. Friday I was 76.8 kg (169.32 lb). And today? Well let's just jump right to this week's results.

This morning I weighed 76.2 kg (167.99 lb) which is a loss of 2.5 kg (5.51 lb) from last week, bringing my new total loss to 54.1 kg (119.27 lb). Yes that's 5-1/2 pounds gone this week, and given where I am in my cycle I should be gaining this week! So I have just 8 kg (18 lb) to go to reach my goal.  I am thrilled.

We even went out to lunch last Saturday and out to dinner Friday night with family. I made the lowest carb choices from the menu both times, swapped hot chips (thick cut fries) for steamed veggies, and thoroughly enjoyed delicious meals.

The day after a fast I sometimes have a protein shake or small can of flavoured tuna for breakfast but often don't eat until lunch time because I'm just not hungry. So rather than eating more on feast days as some tend to do when they first start fasting, I'm generally eating less on feast days than I did before I started ADF and it's always low carb. I think you adjust, you learn to recognise when you are truly hungry as opposed to when you just feel like eating. If I am truly hungry, I eat. In fact I keep a can of tuna and an Atkins bar with me even on fast days in case I really do get hungry but I haven't needed them yet.

I'm 43% completed with Milestone 11 of 12 in Happy Scale, the app that smooths out your daily fluctuations to show your overall trend or true weight and as you can see below after weeks stalling and then starting to drift back up, since I started ADF it's a smooth drop back down. Needless to say I will continue what I'm doing. I'm loving ADF!

As for exercise? Well I haven't run for a week or so, but do get in walks at least once a day, and meet or exceed my 10,000 steps goal nearly every day. I may still run once a week or so just so I don't lose my endurance but most of the reading I'm doing these days recommends low intensity exercise over jogging as a better tool for weight loss. So far so good. Have a great weekend guys!


The coloured bits around the line show how your weight compares to 30 days ago. Green means you're lower and red means you're higher.

5 comments:

  1. Well done you!! What do you have on your fasting day? Just water? Whatever, if it's working and you can do it that's great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot tea at meal times and water or a little Pepsi Max throughout the day. I find that much easier than trying to eat just a little to be honest.

      Delete
  2. Anna - it was so good to read this post.

    WELL DONE ... and you have every right to be thrilled !

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I feel great and yes I am thrilled. After months of struggling I needed a breakthrough. :)

      Delete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!