Sunday, May 31, 2015

First week of ADF is over and so far so good.

After having got back down to 79.3 kilos (174.83 lb) when I kickstarted my ADF plan with a two-day fast, I found through the week I would drop after a fast, go back up after eating, etc. I expected that and usually the drop was a bit more than the previous one and the gain a bit less each time. Yesterday I found myself at 78.7 kg (173.5 lb) following Friday's fast. I weighed in this morning expecting it to go back up a bit since I did eat yesterday, and to my delight it didn't. I'm still at 78.7 and that's great!

That means I've lost 0.6 kg (1.32 lb) since last week, and while I wish it was more, remember I did get a big drop right after my two-day fast, so this is really good.  I'm going to continue in the coming week, so today is a fast day, and tomorrow I'll feast. Last week Sunday was a feast day but today is a fast day, and I would really rather not cook on a day I'm not eating. But that means I won't have any leftovers for lunch tomorrow. I could easily throw together a cold salad to bring for lunch, but it's winter and I'd rather a hot lunch. Unfortunately, low-carb ready-made meals are not readily available in Australia for the most part. I have found one thing in the deli that does qualify and actually was quite tasty -- it was some Indian chicken Tikka bites I think they were called, and it's meant as an appetizer but I find if I use that as my main it's a quick, delicious protein source so I may just grab one of those with a side salad.  At least the chicken will be hot.

I got up before work twice this week to get in a run -- very difficult as I am so NOT a morning person! But I've been doing much more walking than running lately. I am using a pedometer and most days I get between 10,000 and 14,000 steps in each day so I'm pretty happy with that.

Anyway I just wanted to check in, for those of you who may still be interested, LOL. Hope you all have a great weekend. :)

4 comments:

  1. Always interested in reading your news.
    So far so good ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan - today's post shares some great results! :)

      Delete
  2. "I got up before work twice this week to get in a run" ... well done for doing this.

    I do hope the week has gone well.

    Can't believe the weekend is almost here - hope you have a good one.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning runs didn't last long. So not a morning person and it's bloody cold! Lol.

      Delete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!