Friday, April 10, 2015

The time I hoped to reach goal by is fast approaching!

I can't believe it ... it's coming up so fast. When I started this diet August 19, 2013 I had hoped to reach goal by the time I fly home to see friends and family I haven't seen in eight years. Well we've bought our tickets today! The countdown begins. In less than four months we will be flying back to the US and I'm so excited! But will I be at goal? Only time will tell.

I went for the PT consult and the program is still way too expensive, especially with the trip home so near. I discussed the four "free" training sessions and it turns out it was more like one, just half an hour, and if you signed up you got another free one plus a free nutrition session and something else I can't recall now. I ended up not doing it -- I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. I really feel the Callanetics are reducing my saddlebags, which is very encouraging. And these longer runs will become more frequent, or at least I hope so.

I went for another 7k run attemp on Tuesday and it was going really well ... I was feeling great and knew I was going to make it! Then just before I reached 6k I felt a twinge in my right knee. For a second I grabbed the handles thinking I might go down, then I let go and kept on. It didn't happen again, at least not like that, but I did feel a few more twinges. I hung in there till I hit 6k and then went into my cool-down walk. Bummer! I do have bad knees but they only bother me when I try squats and lunges ... never when I run, at least not till now. So I was worried a bit. Some research online indicated it could be a sign I need new running shoes, so I may have to get some. They are over a year old, so it's worth a try.

This is the monthly gain week and I have had an increased appetite so I don't hold out much hope for a drop this weekend. I have not felt well the last couple of days so I took a break from fasting but will go back to strict Phase 1 and 5:2 IF next week. I'll check in again soon.

4 comments:

  1. Anna, goal or not, just look at the progress picture on the right of your page and be proud, proud, PROUD! You have done BRILLIANTLY.
    Hope the knee behaves itself and the new shoes do the trick.
    Can't wait to hear about your trip... those four months will go in a flash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deniz thank you! The time will fly, especially the time I am home. You're right of course, no matter whether I reach goal or not, I am so much healthier and fitter than when I was 287 pounds.

      Delete
  2. Do hope your knee is ok - you may need to rest it? See how it goes.

    The time 'til your trip gets ever closer, so exciting.

    Have a good week

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!