Friday, April 24, 2015

My vision improved -- is this an NSV?


I had an eye appointment yesterday and while my close-up or reading prescription has slightly worsened since my last exam a year and a half ago, my long distance vision has actually improved! I didn’t know that was even possible. He said it’s rare, but it can happen. In fact, my right eye, which is the weakest, had improved more than the left. He noted that I’d previously mentioned having an older brother with diabetes, and I said the fact that I’d been told I was pre-diabetic was a motivating factor in my weight loss to date. He said it’s quite possible that being pre-diabetic was already having some effect on my vision, so the improvement could be from having lost weight. Who knew!? Would that count as an NSV? I don’t know but I’ll happily take any health improvement at my age!

10 comments:

  1. It's a HUGE NSV! Happened to me, too. :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's excellent!! Also you might find your teeth improve. When Stu had some sort of density test done on his teeth, they were stronger and the dentist was surprised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That wouldn't surprise me. In the 1930s Dr Weston Price traveled to remote parts of the world and found in populations untouched by western civilization they had beautiful straight teeth free from decay. He found crooked teeth, dental caries and decay are the result of nutritional deficiencies and the junk our food supply has become would certainly qualify.

      Delete
  3. That's excellent. I think all around there are many improvements to health that we do not always appreciate.

    Have a good weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good evening Anna. Well for you it's good morning I think. Anyways, I am so sorry I've missed the last long time of all that's going on. I read back a few posts and you are doing so well. You work so hard and are amazing. I need to stop by more often than I have been. You are just an inspiration. Your trip home will be wonderful.
    Take care Anna and thank you for stopping by. Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments. What a lovely thing to say! I can't wait to go home. :)

      Delete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!