Sunday, March 1, 2015

Down 52.4 kg (115.52 lb) ... the stall is truly history!

First, a weigh-in ... this morning I got a new low of 77.9 kg (171.74 lb)! That is down 1.1 kg (2.43 lb) from my last update, and that's after a night out with friends including dinner at the club. All around me there was pizza, chicken parmesan drenched in cheese, hot chips (plank fries), bruschetta and other appetisers. I very much enjoyed my grilled rump steak with salad and steamed veggies. Yum!

That brings my total loss to 52.4 kg (115.52 lb)! I am so happy to be moving again I feel like I'm walking on cloud nine. I've not only completed Milestone 10 on the Happy Scale app ... I'm 10% into Milestone 11 (of 12). The finish line is within sight!

I'm moving my fast days to Tuesday & Saturday this week. I'd rather be eating on Sunday since I usually do my grocery shopping and cook a big meal to have lunch leftovers through the week, so I'd rather fast on Saturday.

As for exercise ... I've completed my second round of C25K but this time I was 25 pounds lighter and completed it in 8 weeks instead of the 12 it took me the first time. Having the treadmill was great, I didn't miss a day due to weather and I could ensure a constant pace. I can watch scenic run videos, or my favourite music videos to help the time pass more quickly. I love that!

So now I'm trying to decide what my next goal should be ... I may run for half an hour but it's not 5k for me. It's more like 4k. I can run 8 to 10 minutes at 8 kph but for 20-30 minutes I tend to run 7.6 kph. So where should I focus next?
  • I could continue to run 30 minutes for a while trying to increase speed,
  • I could try the programs on the treadmill (speed and incline intervals), or
  • I could not worry about my speed and just build my endurance, possibly moving up to the 10k trainer to do longer runs.
I'm not sure yet but I may just alternate the first two options for a week or two and see how we go.

Definitely still doing Callanetics on the days between running and I can both see and feel my body changing. Hubby feels it too ... he can't keep his hands off me! Don't worry, I'm not going to over share here, lol. I'm just saying it's nice to drift off to sleep while someone gives you a relaxing massage, and he'll stop and caress my arms, hips, waist, thigh or backside and say how much smaller, tighter or firmer I'm getting. Between running and Callanetics I am seeing and feeling amazing changes in my body and I love it. My new jeans are getting loose!

Well, off to break the fast ... I'll check in again soon.

10 comments:

  1. " I very much enjoyed my grilled rump steak with salad and steamed veggies. Yum! "

    I would have enjoyed that too !

    Seriously you are doing WELL and it's been so good to follow your progress, how you've found things etc.

    Have a good week

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan ... and the steak was delicious!

      Delete
  2. I love it!!!!!! hehe... well done you and great that your husband is "appreciating" your hard work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know he loves me at any weight, which is great, but it still feels good to know he appreciates the new body as well. :)

      Delete
  3. Hooray for you! I agree with Jan ... it's wonderful to watch how well you've done. It must be kind of unreal to think you've only got 21 pounds to the finish line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 21 to reach my original goal ... It does seem surreal. Who knows what I'll decide once I get there. 150 pounds is still overweight but I want to land somewhere I am both happy and can maintain without too much struggle.

      Delete
  4. YAY you and yay for all the extra attention. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!