Saturday, January 24, 2015

4 lb Drop, and my fluctuations since Christmas

So I'm starting to come back to where I was before Christmas. As mentioned previously, I did allow some indulgences and that, combined with monthly weight gain, resulted in a 10 pound increase as you can see below. Half of that was gone by January 3rd, but after a minor drop the next week the monthly weight gain cycle began again.

I have had a lovely drop of 1.9 kg (4.19 lb) this week, and in fact it's not all monthly water weight either -- according to the scale 1.5 kg (3.4 lb) of it was fat and only 0.3 kg (0.7 lb) was water. So once this cycle ends in a few days, I should have another drop. I think the coming week will be the real determiner of whether intermittent fasting (IF) is making a difference. If I continue to drop this week rather than staying in the 80s, I'll truly feel I've broken the four month plateau.  Wish me luck!


Still loving the treadmill, and this week I'll be changing my method a bit. I love using the C25K app and my intervals this week will be 3 and 5 minute runs, but I'm wanting something more interesting to look at while I run. I'm going to run the app from my phone instead of the iPad (with a Bluetooth speaker so I can hear the prompts) which will allow me to watch a virtual run scenic video on the iPad. There are quite a few good ones on YouTube, so that will be lovely.

It's 11:55 am so I have five minutes more until I can eat some lunch, and then I'm off to give blood today.  Hope you all have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's awesome! I'm back to trying to focus on more eggs and avocado. I think they are key for me, and I've been slacking on both. More eggs and avocado, less nuts and cheese. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to avoid nuts ... It's just too hard for me to control portion size cuz I love them. I wish I liked avocado but I never have. Best of luck to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Done Anna - nice to hear.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't like avocado?? Thats it! I cannot read your blog any longer. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait ... does guacamole count? I sometimes have a little of that on Mexican stuff. :/

      Delete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!