Sunday, December 14, 2014

I did it! I've reached 50 kg (110 lb) GONE!!

Another week spent tracking everything I ate and every workout, and I'm pleased to say I have finally hit my Milestone - 50kg GONE as of this morning, or 110 pounds. It feels amazing! This has been a long time coming. Those of you who have been following my journey from the start will know that up until August I was dropping steadily week after week. But for the last four months it's been slow going, two steps forward, one step back, etc. So it feels really good to finally pass 50 kg.  I've stayed mostly Phase 1, meaning I do have occasional tomatoes or a bit of pumpkin which are Phase 2 foods, and made it a point to ensure I'm drinking 3L of water on average every day.  And I'm getting in a workout every day as well.  I now have just 12.2 kg (26.9 lb) to go to reach goal.

I'm loving my new walking route, it takes about an hour all up, and there is a steady 23 minutes minimum of incline on this walk, depending how far I go. Most of it isn't too steep, but it is constant. If I take the full route it's an hour and a half, but usually I have a turnaround point that makes it a one hour route. The turnaround point is just a short ways past this amazing, massive tree that I simply must show you. Here's a panoramic shot my husband took today - this baby is massive and has clearly been there for a century or so. It's gorgeous! Click to view it full size.


Anyway, that 23 minute incline portion I was doing walk/run intervals on the way back down. Well Friday I decided to just go as long as I could, and ran the entire length back. It took 12 minutes, and I felt great afterwards. It's been months since I was running for 30 minutes three times a week, and I'm not sure that I want to return to that entirely, but I do like how it feels to run for more than a few minutes. So I think I'm going to keep doing this for the coming week and then maybe try going further before running back to increase it to maybe 20 minutes of running.  We'll see.

Having hit my next milestone before Christmas feels wonderful, so now I've just got to be really careful during the next couple of weeks so I can stay here. The only indulgences I plan to have on Christmas day would be some nuts and maybe an Atkins caramel nut chew bar. A little indulgence on Christmas isn't a problem - but indulging for weeks before and after Christmas I can't do.

I'm still finding it difficult to get in two strength training AND two Callanetics during the week in addition to all the cardio, and I really enjoy both of those workouts so I don't want to give either one up. I may try doing both of them on the same day - they are both muscle workouts, just of very different types. I could do one right after the other, or just do the strength training after work and save the Callanetics for later in the evening. I've always said I find it relaxing and almost meditative, though a great workout, so that might work. I'll check in and let you know how I go.

Anyway, off to enjoy what's left of the weekend while I can. You can find my meals for last week below (click to enlarge). Hope you're having a lovely weekend.


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations for all your work in achieving your hard earned goal!!! Wishing you continued successes with your journey in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost weight one holiday season, and I remember feeling great about both the loss and the fact that I was doing it when so much food was around.

    You are doing so well and deserve to bask in the glow of "I've done this!" Congrats and keep up the great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Anna! Your dedication has been so fun AND inspiring to watch! That tree is gorgeous! I wish my 3rd left toe would let me do my long walk; it likes to blister every time, no matter how good my walking shoes are. :(

    KUDOS TO YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Anna. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!!! Fantastic work Anna, Your an inspiration, Well done to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A massive congratulations!! You've done this on your own which makes it even more amazing. You've learned valuable lessons along the way about foods you can and can't eat and have linked up with others and will hopefully continue this journey with great success.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - that is brilliant, many congratulations.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys for the support. It means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!