Saturday, October 11, 2014

106.5 pounds gone in under 14 months

I'm still losing very slowly, getting 'monthly drops' rather than weekly like I used to, but I'm doing my best not to let that frustrate me. I've been mixing things up - lot of walking, sometimes jogging, strength training with FitnessBlender and recently added Callanetics into the mix. That, and of course making sure my eating is always on track. I still tend to do a bit of intermittent fasting on the weekends. I'm hoping that winter had something to do with the slow progress and things might pick up speed now that warmer weather is here, but if it doesn't I can assure you I will not use this as an excuse to throw in the towel. Those days are over. I've come way too far to let frustration send me back up the scale again. Nope, I'm going to let my body do its thing and go at its own pace.

Having said that I did get a nice drop as expected this week, weighing in at 82.0 kg (180.78 lb) which is a drop of .7 kg (1.54 lb) from last week and brings my total to 48.3 kg (106.48 lb). Now I'll probably start the roller coaster ride again, as my weight goes up and down a kilo or two from week to week until I get another drop in a few weeks time. That seems to be the way of it these days.  The frustration now is that I need to drop less than 400 grams (.88 lb) to get to 179.9 pounds - getting into the 170s will be wonderful. At 175 pounds I'll officially be just overweight rather than obese so I'm really looking forward to that day. I'll get there.

I really enjoyed adding Callanetics this week - I haven't really done it since the 90s and I really enjoyed it. I remember in the 90s taking progress photos from one week to the next and you could really see a difference in just a few weeks.  So even if the weight doesn't drop dramatically, hopefully things will tighten and lift in any case.  I definitely felt it the next day, too, it's a workout that really delivers, though it's very slow, relaxing and almost meditative while you do it. I like that, as I rarely find the time to actually meditate, much as I enjoy it, and this is an evolution in body, mind and spirit after all.  Anyway, have a lovely weekend everyone and I'll check back in again soon.

6 comments:

  1. Anna, are you still on the Poon diet? I know at some point, Leigh switched from Poon to more of a paleo/primal approach...maybe you need that kind of a shake up? Especially since it sounds like you don't view Poon as a long term way of eating anyhow...? Primal or paleo could be; there is no 'throwing in the towel'....and I get a little frightened when that term is even on someone's mind, even though you said you aren't. I so want you to get exactly or extremely close to where YOU want to be. That said, you have had AMAZING success!!! Some times, the body slows down a little after the super obese part is gone, and because it simply needs a bit of a 'breather' to catch up to all your hard work. Hang tough, girl friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gwen. I absolutely still follow Dr Poon and will do until I reach goal. I made myself a promise I would not give up this time (as opposed to a billion other times) so rest assured I have no intention of throwing in the towel. I could eat this way forever, as it's become natural and second nature. Leigh switched to Paleo for maintenance, and I will probably do something more Primal myself, but I have a ways to go before I think about maintenance. Giving up on Dr Poon would feel like quitting, and that just ain't gonna happen. This has worked for me where nothing else has, and I will stick with it, but may go back to Phase 1 for awhile ... It may be slower these days but I am still moving toward my goal ... I will get there. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Anna, the closer we get to goal, the harder it becomes. I had to go back to phase 1 several times near the end even with all the running. Kick started everything for me again. It sucked but needed to be done. Love your perseverance darlin. You are doing awesome:-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh, good to know ... I figured that might happen but didn't think I was close enough to goal to worry just yet. Weird to think of being in the last segment of this weight loss journey but I guess I am now! :)

      Delete
  3. Anna - I think you've just done great.

    Admiration all round.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!