Monday, August 18, 2014

Down 102.96 lb in One Year

I started Dr Poon on Monday, 19th August, 2013 so I'm counting today, Monday, 18th August, 2014, as the one year mark. Might as well, I've done my weigh-in today, last week being a write-off due to monthly weight gain and having been sick since Thursday. I'm still sick, recovering from a sinus and upper respiratory infection, but slowly improving. So where am I at one year on?

Well today I weighed in at 83.6 kg (184.31 lb) which is down 0.6 kg (1.32 lb) from last week, and that brings my total for the year to 46.7 kg (102.96 lb) gone. Can't be unhappy with that!

Also, it was a long time crossing this marker, but I have finally surpassed Milestone 9 of 12 in the Happy Scale app, which now predicts I'll cross the finish line in January 2015. Let's hope so, that finish line fluctuates with each weigh-in, so it will depend on whether I continue to drop steadily or slow down closer to goal ... that happens to many people, so time will tell. My goal was  68 kg or 150 lbs, so that means I have only 15.6 kg or 34.3 lbs to go.

And where am I at with the 30 Day Shred? Well getting sick couldn't have come at a worse time, and yesterday was the worst day yet in that regard. I was supposed to be starting Level 3, and hadn't missed a day yet despite being sick. Hubby felt I should really give it a miss yesterday and I agreed, but the thought of missing a day drove me nuts. I put the video on just to watch Level 3 and see what I was going to be in for. By the time it was over I was getting changed, moving the coffee table, and restarting the video. I did it, I started Level 3. Like every other time I worked out when sick, I felt better during, and for at least an hour or so after showering, so I am glad I did it. It was my first time at this level so I followed the beginner modifications for everything, just to take it easy, but I did it. Only nine more to go and I will be done with the 30 Day Shred! :)

10 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing year!!! Less than 35 pounds to goal??? You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just goes to show that no matter how daunting the journey may seem at the beginning it is achievable. It would have been so easy to think that it would be too hard and take too long when I started. But it's not true, it became so easy it was second nature, and as for how long it takes ... well time is passing anyway, isn't it? If I had put it off then it would still be a year later now, and I'd be no closer to my goal. I fully expect it to be hard as I get closer to goal ... the last 20 will likely be the hardest. But I'm no quitter! :)

      Delete
  2. congratulations!

    wait, you've added a bunch of ads on your website? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The ads have been there all along, sorry if they bother you. :(

      Delete
  3. AMAZING and INSPIRING!!!!! Well done well done Anna!!!!xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm feeling kind of "on top of the world" right now. :)

      Delete
  4. Fantastic Anna! You are getting so close to goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it feels very real now. I will get there, I know it. :)

      Delete
  5. WELL DONE I'm shouting it loudly and also hoping you will be feeling 100% soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! The cough and chest congestion are still with me but just that little bit better every day. :)

      Delete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!