Wednesday, August 27, 2014

30 Days are up ... why am I not Shredded?

Well I've completed Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred - yesterday was the last day, and today I took photos and measurements to see if it had made a difference. During the past 30 days my husband seemed to think there was a difference, saying as he could "feel my ribs" more and all. And I felt like it was making a difference, especially as I moved up each level. I improved quickly, and was able to do the advanced move for several exercises. While I'm enjoying taking a break today, I've already looked into some new workouts to try in the coming weeks so I don't lose my progress.  So did it really make a difference?  First I took photos wearing the same clothes I wore 30 days ago, and frankly I was disappointed. (Left is 30 days ago, right is today.) I don't see any difference! Seriously, none at all!





I felt really disappointed after seeing those. Was it all for nothing? Hmm. Well, I also took measurements before starting, so let's compare those next.

28/07/2014    27/08/2014    LOST
Neck13.875”13.75”0.125
Bust44”43”1
Waist40.75”40”0.75
Hips48.375”46.875”1.5
R Arm13.75”13.25”0.5
R Thigh    25”24.375”0.625

Wow. Look, measuring yourself isn't easy, and it's hard to tell if you're in the exact same place each time, but the fact that they are all smaller than last time leads me to believe I have made a difference after all.  Overall I'm only about 3 pounds less than the start, and I sure wish I could see a difference in the photos - but I'm happy with the measurements. :)

12 comments:

  1. I would have to say I don't see much of a difference either. I'm not a big fan of Jillian and all the stuff she's marketed over the years. I even wrote a post a few years ago about it --> HERE

    So you tried something different and it didn't work out. By the tone of your post you don't seem all that beat up over it. Good for you for seeing it all the way through; what's next?

    -FogDog

    ReplyDelete
  2. A loss in anyway is an improvement we're just use to being able to have instant gratification most times with things. You did something I wouldn't even be able to do at this point 30 Day Shred, so congrats on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do see a difference! It's there! And your shirt looks a bit looser too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the shirt a bit looser too and on some photos I zoomed in closer in the after so it's harder to compare.

      Delete
  4. Well I looked at the pictures and I honestly thought there was a 'tad' difference (small amount)....and when I read on I WAS RIGHT

    Yahoo and well done - don't be disappointed you're doing OK

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys. I see tiny differences in one or two photos but they could just be standing in a different spot or angle when taking the pictures. Clearly there is a difference due to the measurements, and I'm happy with those. The main difference honestly is my own strength. I couldn't do many jumping jacks or push-ups in the beginning but I got through them all by the end. I like feeling stronger, so strength training will continue, just not every day and not with Jillian.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One month is not long enough for exercise to make a lot of difference. Keep going and how about a "before you started Dr Poon" photo comparison!! Now that will be a huge difference :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if they sell it as a 30 day program it should ... I did the workout everyday. And I do notice improvements in strength and I feel better. Thanks Lynda

      Delete
  7. Not to sound creepy, but I think your bum looks a lot...higher? tighter? Very nice. :) And I see a difference in your tummy, too.

    My body is so covered in fat that I can't really see my muscles, but I know I gained strength and endurance. In 50 more pounds, I'm sure I'll see it. ;)

    Congrats on completing the program!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ... I can kind of see small changes now when I really look. Especially allowing for the after shot possibly being zoomed in closer etc.

      Delete
  8. Yeah, a month isn't much, PLUS, we have to trust the process when we know we are doing something healthy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!