Monday, June 23, 2014

Down 95 pounds in ten months. :)

This monthly roller coaster ride called weight loss is definitely not fun, but thankfully I'm back down this weekend weighing in at 87.1 kg (192.02 lb). That's down 1.3 kg (2.87 lb) from last week and 43.2 kg (95.24 lb) total in just ten months. Not bad. Sure, it's disappointing I only lost five pounds since this time last month, but it is still moving in the right direction overall, so I will just keep plugging away.

I am considering going back to morning runs just because it's dark so early now after work and I find it hard to get time to cook some nights after a run. I don't like eating dinner too late at night. I didn't like the car exhaust running the main road near home, but I have been considering running around the circle in my neighbourhood. There are some inclines and one is pretty steep, so considering I tend to have less energy in the morning that might make it too challenging, but it's worth a thought. I could walk half a circle, then run maybe 3-4 times around and walk the last half again. We'll see.

I'm also considering adding dancing ... I had some great tunes playing this weekend and enjoyed dancing to them for awhile before I realised I was getting a good workout in! Any workout that's fun to do is a great one in my book. :) I still want to add Callanetics as well, as soon as I figure out how I'm going to juggle everything. It can be harder to lose weight in winter when the tendency is to want to stay snuggled up warm under your blankets as much as possible. So I really want to stay active as much as I can. At the same time, the days are shorter as it is, and it can feel like my whole day is work, workout, bed ... know what I mean?

Anyway, I just wanted to check in quick, but I'll be back soon to talk about the next chapter in "A Life Complete - Emotional and Spiritual Growth for Midlife and Beyond" by Sallirae Henderson. You may recall I've discussed that book twice previously, and the next chapter is one that really resonated with me. It's about Learning to Grieve. Until then ...

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your HUGE weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, that's the great thing about dancing; it can be done anywhere, any time, for any length of time. That's why it's my primary exercise.

    Congrats on keeping that scale headed in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That and it's fun. Plus in the privacy of your own home where no one is watching you can really let go and do whatever funky moves feel good. :)

      Delete
  3. Dancing is fun and you can alter the intensity by the beat you use. I normally end up singing along too .....don't know why people cover their ears - is my singing that bad?

    Well done on the weight loss

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!