Sunday, May 11, 2014

Up this week, bummer!

Yes, I was up a bit this week. I shouldn't be surprised after dropping nearly three pounds last week despite my cycle, and given the two day fast prior to the procedure ... but since I remained in Onederland through the week I thought I might possibly be there to stay. Well not just yet, my friends. Now that the weekend has arrived I'm up. Not heaps, mind you ... but as there was no buffer to speak of between me and 200 pounds, it didn't take much to push me back over. Of course I'm disappointed, but not stressing over this little bump in the road. I'm still standing at the border of Onederland with my passport firmly in hand, and I'll be crossing back over again real soon.

So this week I'm 90.9 kg (200.4 lb) which is up 0.5 kg (1.1 lb) and that gain was half fat and half water according to my body analysis scale. In the 38 weeks I've been on this program there have only been four weeks in which I have gained or stayed the same. That's not too bad really, I can hardly complain. All I can do is keep doing what I'm doing. Eat right, exercise, and I'll get there. I'm planning out the meal list for the coming week and was hoping to make Leigh's Lazy Cabbage Casserole but we'll be going to visit my mother-in-law later so I won't have time. I may make a big pot of soup instead. I've been enjoying the Stuffed Pepper Soup but recently found a recipe for Cabbage Roll Soup that I think I'll try instead. If I like it I'll share the recipe. Cooler weather always makes me want to make soups and stews so I'll probably be doing that a lot more in the coming weeks. That's it for now, Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there!

6 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan or soups. So many are low in cal and fill you up for hours. Don't stress over the gain, it happens to us all. Keep doing what you've been doing and you'll hit onederland again,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan. Soups are fabulous, and the ones I'm making are filling, low carb, low calorie and delicious!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. Mother's Day sure makes me miss my mom, but we had a lovely time visiting my Mother-in-Law. I can't believe it's been nearly eight years since mom passed. Where has the time gone?

      Delete
  3. Keep on doing what you're doing and don't stress.

    Hope you had a great Mothers Day.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not stressing but it still sucks! Lol. Hope you had a nice Mother's Day as well.

      Delete