Friday, May 2, 2014

Still in Onederland ...

The procedure went well, but having gone in at 4:30 and not gotten home until 10:30 pm, it sure was a long day! They had a lot of bookings and got behind so it took a long time to get through. Afterwards in recovery I noticed most others were famished, happily scarfing their sandwiches. I had indicated no carbs on my meal preference so they asked if a salad plate would be ok, and I said fine. I also asked for a bottle of water rather than tea, coffee or juice.

The salad plate turned out to be a few spinach leaves on which they'd put two thin slices of ham and a slice of cheese in two triangles, a bit of canned asparagus (yuck!) a couple of slices of beet, a couple of tomato wedges, and a pile each of corn and shredded carrot.  I ate the ham and cheese, spinach, tomato, and a bit of the carrot but that was it. Surprisingly after two days fasting, I wasn't really hungry, but the others sure seemed to be. Carb withdrawal perhaps? I didn't see the point of eating anything else when I got home being as it was late and I really wasn't hungry.

This morning I stayed home again as I was feeling a bit headachy and crampy, but I still wasn't really hungry.  I was pleased to see I was still in Onederland, weighing the same as I did yesterday morning, so that's cool. I then had a small ham and cheese omelette at about 8:30, and a nice salad with tuna and tomato for lunch.  Tonight I'm making the Stuffed Pepper Soup with Cauliflower Rice I made recently and having some sugar-free lime jello for dessert. So it's fairly light meals today as well. I'm hoping to stay in Onederland from here on, but we'll see what happens. Given where I'm at in my monthly cycle, I don't expect any gains - if anything I would normally drop in a day or two, but given the drops I have had recently it's anyone's guess what the coming days will bring. Either way, I'm enjoying Onederland.

8 comments:

  1. soon Onederland will be business as usual for you!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope so! Right now it's kind of surreal. :)

      Delete
  2. WELCOME TO WONDERLAND!!! Sorry, a bit behind in reading and looks like I`m a day late! Congrats darlin:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leigh! I know you got heaps going on, no worries. :)

      Delete
  3. Glad the procedure went ok!!! With your determination, I am sure you will be in onderland allll the time soon!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The weekend will be interesting, now I've had a day of normal eating again.

      Delete
  4. Hooray for the new picture ... I've been wondering when you were going to change it. Onderland it is ... even if you have a rebound, you'll be right back there again in no time. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am planning some new comparison shots soon, now that I've finally hit Onederland ... and I'm still there so it's looking promising. :)

      Delete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!