Saturday, May 3, 2014

Still in Onederland, and a 5 Mile WATP

No change this morning, still at 90.4 kg (199.3 lb) and I'm happy with that. But I haven't run since Monday. I walked Wednesday at the beginning of the two day fasting period, but no exercise since then. So this morning I really wanted to workout. Of course it's pouring down rain today so I decided to pop in a Walk Away the Pounds (5 Mile Fat Burning Walk - 1 hr). I haven't done that one in a long time, so it felt good to use different muscles, but I was amazed how much easier it was! Each mile ends with a two minute jogging burst, and during that time she asks you to add kicks or knee lifts while jogging in place. I never could do that before so I would just jog around the house for those two minutes.  But this time I thought I'd give it a try and I could do it! It was a challenge, but I did kicks and knee lifts while jogging in place, and the rest of the time I jogged around the house.

After the jogging burst she starts the next mile at a lower level, almost a warm-up level for the first couple of minutes, so I decided to extend the jogging burst for 2-3 minutes into the next mile each time. Now I'm running around the house, not outside, but by doing that it still added up to maybe 14-18 minutes of jogging around the house, which is better than no running at all.  We may get rain again tomorrow, but I hope it backs off by Monday as I'd like to get back into the C25K training. I'll probably repeat the workout I did last week Monday and go from there.

It sure feels like winter and this cold rain isn't helping. We've actually put the heat on today to take the chill out of the air! We don't have furnaces here like back home in Wisconsin, rather the air-conditioning units here tend to be reverse-cycle, so they can both heat and cool. So all the other rooms are closed off and the heat is on in the living room. I'm off to heat up some leftover soup for lunch (my first meal of the day) and make a nice hot mug of tea. Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah for onederland- still! I have full faith in you that you will stay there and only move down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weather doesn't help.

    You will get there ok ...I just know.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing a great job! Just take one day at a time and you will get farther and farther away from the 200 mark and more solidly into the 100s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! One day I hope to be a long-term maintainer like yourself! :)

      Delete