Saturday, May 10, 2014

Ran 22 minutes today!

Yep, I did it! I ran 22 minutes straight with no walk breaks. Rather than get up early yesterday I decided to go this morning instead. As usual the first few minutes I felt like it would be impossible to run five minutes much less 22. But I focused on the music and got through it.

I felt my calves tightening up a bit on the second half and the start of a side ache coming on in the last few minutes but thankfully it never developed beyond that. I did extra stretches afterward. I can't believe I did it ... or that Monday I have to do 25 minutes! No walk breaks at all from here on. This was week 6 day 3 for the C25K app but really week 10 for me since I started at lower levels and doubled up a few levels.

Hubby took a picture again, but I think I looked better in my 20 minute run shot ... he says it's just because the workout clothes I had on today were so loose on me. I really could use some smaller stuff. Actually I think I still have some smaller stuff in the back of the wardrobe that I haven't tried on in awhile. There may be some I can fit into now! I'll do that later today.

I'm off to shower and make some lunch. Enjoy your weekend my friends. :)

6 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to hear about all the new clothing you have as stuff fits again! Yeah! :) Great job on the run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I'm happy to say I've got 7 'new' tops and four 'new' pants for workouts. The tops do fit snugly, as in not too tight but definitely not loose and very shape revealing. Lol I purged a bunch of stuff that was too loose and took two large bags of clothes to the charity bin, and several things went to the rag pile.

      Delete
  2. Awesome:-) And you look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete