Friday, May 9, 2014

Pants with a fly! NSV!

This may sound weird, but I have been wearing stretch pants for years. So to be able to wear pants with a fly is kind of a new experience. I mean, aside from the pair of jeans I got back into recently, it has been a long, long time! A few weeks ago I bought two pairs of slacks at a second hand store. One I could fit into but they were snug and not being used to a fly I was afraid to wear them. What if I sit down and the button pops off? The other was a size 16 and too tight to even try to button or zip them.

So today I thought I would try on the larger pair again and if they were loose enough I would have something new to wear to work. I pulled them out of the closet and put them on and they fit just fine. Then I realized they were the smaller size 16! Oh my god, they fit! I wore size 16 gray slacks with button and fly closure and it may sound weird but this feels like an NSV (non-scale victory). I felt normal today. Normal non-stretch pants. Such a little thing but it sure felt good.

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations. All your hard work and dedication is paying off. It will be so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome victory! You've been doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Anna, that's great. A serious NSV, this, and it comes hot on the heels of onederland too - well done you!
    I remember a similar moment along my own journey, and I'll never forget that it felt SO good to think 'normal' in relation to 'me'. That was something I'd forgotten how to feel, but it was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deniz! Means a lot coming from someone who's where I hope to be one day. I'm also 5'4" but started a lot heavier. It does feel good to think of myself as normal for once.

      Delete
  4. That is awesome! You are awesome:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOTALLY a great NSV! (I still prefer the comfortable on non-zipper pants, even though I can wear them.) (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do too, especially when drinking lots of water causes frequent trips to the restroom, and sometimes you are in a bit of a hurry. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are doing so well - have a great weekend

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete