Monday, May 19, 2014

I am getting smaller ... and a great quote!

I'm so tired! I finished my run ... 28 minutes for the first time ... and I still can't believe I made it. My seasonal allergies are bad right now, and while I haven't taken anything for them I still felt more thirsty and tired during the run, but I made it. Wow! Two more times and I'll be in my final week.

A friend back home just ran a half marathon and I'm in awe. I didn't even know she ran! She shared this quote which I really love:
“The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It’s your mind you have to convince.” – Vince Lombardi
Isn't that the truth? I reminded myself of that when I felt like giving up tonight. My legs didn't want to quit, my head did ... and my lungs a bit. But now I've had dinner and I'm just relaxing ... it's not even 8pm yet and I could easily just fall asleep.

I mentioned yesterday being somewhat disappointed in what feels like a stall in my weight loss. It's not really, but it's been a slow month. Anyway I think despite the lack of results on the scale these last two weeks, I've gotten smaller ... I wore a pair of black jean shorts Saturday that I couldn't fit into a couple of weeks ago. That's an NSV and it tells me that no matter what the scale says, I'm moving in the right direction. It's all good.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Gotta love 'em. When the scale isn't telling the whole story, they definitely remind us to trust the process.

      Delete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!