Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pork chops and Workouts

Wow, this was quite tasty! Tonight we had Rosemary and Thyme pork chops with some stir fried chunky cauliflower, broccoli and green capsicum (bell pepper). I found the recipe on Karen's site, Living Low Carb ... One Day at a Time. It was so quick and easy to make and hubby and I both loved it. This is definitely going in the rotation.


It's been raining this week so Monday I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party Mix 2, and tonight I did Mix 1. Both are heavy on ab work, punches and kicks, and I'm feeling it for sure, but it it's all good. Meanwhile I've been reading more about the Couch to 5K (C25K) program. I was under the impression it required running every day in order to be able to run 5K in just 9 weeks. Fortunately it's only three times a week for about 30 minutes. I wonder how many people who start it actually complete the program.  I wonder if I could?

From what I've read people quit due to injuries or they just get bored with it and realize they're not runners. That's cool. I don't really see myself as a runner, it's just something I'd like to try to see if I can do it. And if I like it and it helps me tone up so there's less loose skin as I get closer to goal, that would be cool, too. So I think I will give it a try at some point, and I'll go at my own pace even if that's slower than suggested. And if it's not for me that's OK, too. Cuz I'll see it as a victory just to have tried it. Me ... jogging ... in public!

I've been thinking more lately about how for most of my life I've let my weight or just plain fear hold me back from doing things I really wanted to do. I'll talk more about that soon, but since this is meant to be about my evolution in body, mind and spirit, I think it's time to start focusing on more than just my weight. More to come ...

7 comments:

  1. Hey, if you want to run...run! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh a new recipe site. Yeah! I don't know if I could ever get my hubby to eat cauliflower unless it was hidden in something. LOL Now I personally thing you should blog MORE. :) You are one of the few actively losing bloggers that I read and I hungrily look for your new posts. I am sure there are others that feel the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That meal looks great - I'll give it a try! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks Mrs Swan! As to cauliflower, it has to have some added flavour for him to eat it. I added garlic and onion powder and a little soy sauce to stir fried veggies. But his favorite is the faux stuffed 'potatoes' on my recipe page which uses cauliflower in place of potatoes and has a bit of cream cheese, fried onion, bacon, and shredded cheese. These days I put less of those toppers on it, but it's still a favorite for us both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey exercise is a personal choice.

    Whether you dance, run, walk, lift weights etc. It's how we get fit and healthy that counts.

    For me it's a low carb high fat moderate protein menu plan with exercise and good sleep pattern in the 'mix' too. Sorry I may have said that before,( I know I have ) but it's something I believe in, but each to our choices.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks but it's not just a matter of run if you want to cuz it's not about picking the type of exercise I want to do. As I said, I'll write more on this later but for me right now it's about conquering fears and not letting them hold me back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started the c25k program when I was 118kg. It was hard but I stuck with it, I loved it so much then when I completed the c25k I went on to complete the b210k program. I dropped 20kg while I was at it. I'm on the c25k program again because if you don't use it you lose it. I think it's a fantastic way to ease into running. But then I would toot the c25k horn until the cows come home because I love it. It's not for everyone but it was for me. Running is a passion for me and I never knew it until I started the c25k program.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!