Thursday, December 12, 2013

Turbo Jam this morning, Mexican Chicken Tenders tonight!

Yes, I was up at 6 AM again today and instead of race walking I decided to throw in Turbo Jam Cardio Party Mix 1. It's getting easier to do which is good, and I don't get sore anymore, but I still feel it, it's a great workout!

Dinner last night was something new - I get inspired by hunting for recipes that look easy to adapt, and this one was really easy! You can watch the video below, but in case it doesn't show up for you, the recipe is posted below as well. This was really good!



Mexican Chicken Tenders with Roast Veggies

If you're doing Phase 1, be sure to use allowed veggies - the red capsicum would be Phase 2, and probably the squash as well.

INGREDIENTS:
500g (1 pound) chicken tenders (about 8 or 9), tendons removed
1 packet reduced-sodium taco seasoning
1 large red capsicum (bell pepper)
4-6 yellow button squash
non-stick spray or olive oil to lightly coat the baking dish

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 180C (350F). Empty your taco seasoning into a large plastic bag. Add the chicken tenders, twist the bag shut and shake or mix well to coat the chicken evenly.

Lightly spray or oil a 9x12" rectangular baking dish, and add the chicken tenders. Cut the veggies into large chunks and add them to the pan, stirring to mix so some of the seasoning gets on the veggies as well. Then arrange everything so it's evenly distributed in the pan and the chicken is in a single layer as much as possible.

Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is done, and serve. I got three serves out of this, with a small rocket (arugula) salad on the side.

5 comments:

  1. Great recipe idea! I'm allergic to the MSG in all packaged taco seasonings, but I have a Penzey's taco seasoning that is safe, so I will definitely try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks a good recipe - thanks for sharing

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love simple one-pot dinners with only a few ingredients!

    By the way, it's a small matter to create your own taco seasoning if you want to avoid MSG or sugars in commercial mixes. Just sprinkle the food with chili powder, ground cumin, salt, garlic powder and onion powder, maybe a little smoky paprika for pizzazz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good Anna! And awesome job with the workout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may try making my own mix next time, but I really like the taste of this one! :)

    ReplyDelete