Sunday, December 22, 2013

Milestone 4 completed!

So you may recall I use the Happy Scale application on my iPad, and you can read my first milestone post about that for more info. I used it to split my journey into 12 milestones, and today I've just completed milestone 4!  And I do mean JUST -- I needed to hit 234.8 to reach it and I'm 234.79 today! So on to this week's weigh-in.

I was fluctuating a bit Friday and Saturday, going up just a little from the new low I'd hit Wednesday, but today I'm back down again. I weighed in at 106.5 kg (234.79 lb) which is a loss of just one kilo (2.2 lb) from last week, which brings my total loss to 23.8 kg (52.47 lb).

I'm happy ... it's nearly Christmas and I'm losing weight; what's not to be happy about? Friday night I met up with a couple of girlfriends and we had dinner at a lovely restaurant - I had filet mignon and you could choose between chips (thick fries) and salad, mashed potatoes or vegetables. I got both the salad and vegetables, which consisted of some pan-fried carrot and zucchini and a small salad with a vinaigrette dressing.  The meat was fattier than I would normally have and there may have been a bit more sodium, so maybe that's why I was up a bit yesterday, but it was very good, cooked with a lot of mushrooms and wrapped in a slice of bacon.

Through the first few months of my journey, Happy Scale predicted I would reach my goal weight next August.  As the rate of loss slowed down a bit, that eventually changed to September, where it's stayed for a while.  Today, on finishing milestone 4, however - it now says October. Hmm.  Oh well ... it would be lovely for the weight to drop off at a fast pace through the entire journey, wouldn't it? I suspect that will change again as I get nearer my goal, as it will probably slow down again.  Fast would be nice, but a consistent loss every single week since day one is nothing to complain about.

My workout for the last three days in a row has been walking, and since I'm off work through the holidays I'll either walk or do some video workouts when I can fit them in this week. We've got family coming to visit for a few days, so there will be meals away from home this week (though I plan to bring some Fauxtato Salad along to ensure I've got a side I can eat with whatever meat they'll be grilling).

I wish you all a very happy and healthy holiday season. :)

2 comments:

  1. "I'm happy ... it's nearly Christmas and I'm losing weight; what's not to be happy about?" - Have a Happy Christmas! If Happy Scale is correct then Santa will be bringing an entire new wardrobe this time next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats, sweetie! You are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!