Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Early morning speed walking

Yes, though I am so NOT a morning person, I got up at 6am this morning and went for a walk. Not just a normal walk but race walking or speed walking as I like to call it. Very brisk, arms pumping the whole time ... and this time I didn't have to slow down until the last stretch just before climbing the crest to my house. You may recall last time I took three breaks during the walk where i came back to normal pace for 3-4 minutes and then returned to high speed again, but not this time. I stayed high speed the whole time; just over 40 minutes and it felt great. We'll see if I'm feeling sore tomorrow morning like last time.

I'm back down to 108.5 kg after the walk. Up and down like a yo-yo last week and I just couldn't figure it out. But now I get it. Due to PCOS my cycle has been irregular for many years, as in few and far between. But for the last few years they've been pretty regular so as it wasn't time yet I never considered It. But I'm a week early this time.

I am glad it wasn't due to a couple of tomatoes and a carrot, I mean realistically if I can't handle that I'll never move into Phase 2. Not that I'm in any hurry to do so. I'm well past the time where I can according to the plan, but it also said if you have a lot to lose there's no reason you can't stay on Phase 1 much longer if you're not bored with the food. I'm not. I've never been so contented with a weight loss diet before. It's just become natural to me and I love not feeling hungry or having cravings. I always wondered what it felt like to be normal. To not think about food all the time. Now I know. I have to remind myself to eat lunch. Or my husband will say it's nearly 8, are we having dinner? I wasn't hungry and I just didn't think about it. This is what I've always wanted. The approaching holidays have me not the least little bit worried. There's no way anything off plan is going to tempt me.

6 comments:

Primal Gwen said...

Anna, I am SO proud of you, and SO SO happy for you and your newly found sense of control and accomplishment!

Eowyn said...

This is how I feel on a clean vegan (or near vegan) diet. Dinner can wait. I don't really need a snack. I think it must have to do with blood sugar and so on. It's only when I eat a poor vegan/vegetarian diet that I get the feelings of not being satisfied. (I don't know that I've ever been actually hungry. It embarrasses me to say it, when there are people in the world who really are hungry. I can say that I've often felt peckish, or that it was time to eat.) It's good you are feeling well. I similarly look forward to the holidays, but I do intend to eat small treats of a mince pie here and definitely some Christmas pudding there!

Lynda said...

This is exactly why eating a low carbohydrate diet works so well - you don't feel that hunger. I too remember that feeling you talked about... feeling normal! Not thinking about food all the time is amazing. Not being tempted by foods or having cravings. I wrote about this so much in my early days of low carb eating.

Normal diets ie, WW etc make you hungry and crave foods. I simply couldn't last on those diets ever. To now be eating this way for over two years amazes me - the control is life changing :)

Anna Down Under said...

Thanks Gwen and Lynda, it really feels great! Eowyn, I know that some thrive on a vegan diet, but I didn't. I would feel satisfied immediately after a meal, but hungry an hour later most of the time. Really hungry! For me, the carbs wreak havoc with my blood sugar and insulin and I did have cravings for junk ... mostly sweets. That's why I won't be indulging in any treats over the holidays. This feeling of being in control again, of being normal is too good to risk by introducing the things that wreak havoc again, even a little. But I know there's no one plan that works for everyone so I'm glad you know what works for you. Here's to a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to us all, and may we gain no weight! Lol :)

Mrs Swan said...

Isn't that feeling lovely? :) Your chart is simply amazing girl! With that downward drop. I love seeing it every time I click your blog link.

Anna Down Under said...

Wow, Mrs Swan ... how very kind of you, thank you! :)