Sunday, December 8, 2013

A loss none-the-less.

So this week has messed with my mind. Darned fluctuations! You may recall after losing 1 kg (2.2 lb) last week I was amazed to drop another 1.4 kg (3.09 lb) on Tuesday morning which put me at 108.5 kg (232.2 lb). I was so thrilled to be out of the 240s! Alas, the very next day I was back up 1 kilo (2.2 lb) and stayed there until Friday when I dropped to 108.7 kg (239.64 lb)!  So what do I get both Saturday and Sunday? Back up to 109.1 kg (240.52 lb)! This is maddening! Of course hubby says it's just one reason I shouldn't weigh every day, but this is not normal for me on this diet. Then he asked, "so are you up this week then?" I said no. I've lost weight since my official weigh-in last Sunday, just not as much as I thought. At 109.1 kg that is still a loss of .8 kg (1.76 lb) from last week. But I sure liked 3 pounds better! I guess I should be happy, I still have not had a single week where I haven't lost weight.

The only things that have changed recently are working out more often and at higher intensity, and adding in some Phase 2 foods in the form of tomatoes and a bit of carrot in my Chunky Chilli. I'm going back to all Phase 1 foods this week, but will keep up the exercise and see how we go next week.

Oh, and heading into the grocery store today hubby commented, "The weight is just falling off you!"  I asked if it was the new outfit and he said maybe, and that I looked really good. Bless his heart, I needed that. :)

7 comments:

  1. Don't worry - .8 is great! Just keep on doing what you are doing. Lovely comment from your husband too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you, but why not try this (which I used to do and am getting back into -- though it requires tremendous self-discipline)- weigh once a week and take an average for the month, and compare it last month. Or if that is too much, weigh daily and take an average for the week and compare it to last week. But pay no attention to daily fluctuations. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, sorry you are bouncing around a bit. Might it be hidden sodium/fluid retention? I dunno. Sometimes I refer to this as a butterfly sneezing in Wisconsin...meaning sometimes we just cannot know how some tiny little insignificant thing can affect our weight. It's times like those we have to stay focused on the big picture and overall results, hard and frustrating as that might be. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a big problem with the scale when I first started the diet and had to only get weighed bi-weekly. My weight fluctuated...and still does like crazy!No rhyme or reason. And I'd not lose for a long time, then suddenly have a big drop. It really just works itself out in the end! You're doing awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone, it is a bit frustrating I must say, but I'm not gonna let it get me down. Carla, I don't think I could even weigh weekly, though I'd like to. It would drive me nuts not knowing! Lol But this type of fluctuation hasn't happened to me before on this plan ... the going down, up, down and up again I mean. Usually whatever I weigh on Sunday stays the same until Thursday or Friday when it drops a bit, then drops more by the weekend. So the 'ups' were unexpected I guess. I thought maybe sodium Gwen, but my water weight fluctuated less than the fat weight and my eating was on plan as usual. I don't do 'cheats' at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "it is a bit frustrating I must say, but I'm not gonna let it get me down."

    and you shouldn't as Lynda commented

    "Just keep on doing what you are doing"

    And can't husbands say great things sometimes

    Take Care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I weigh every day too but I only officially count one a week. I too posted about a big loss last week and now I may be taking it back tomorrow. Maybe one or the other or both of those phase two foods are a issue for you. Cannot wait to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete