Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The day I've been waiting for has arrived!

Yes, it's finally happened ... someone who didn't know about my weight loss effort has noticed! One of the ladies who doesn't come into the office regularly came in today, leaned over my desk and quietly asked, "Have you lost like a massive amount of weight?" I smiled and said, "Over ten kilos." She said she'd done a double-take walking past my office as it was very noticeable, especially from the waist up. I thanked her for being the first to notice, aside from the few people who know what I'm doing. When someone knows you are losing weight you wonder if they really see a difference or are trying to be supportive and encouraging. But when it's out of the blue like that, it's really noticeable!

Happy dance time! Does this count as an NSV? I think so! :)

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, what a wonderful feeling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is FANTASTIC! Best feeling ever, huh? Yep, I've noticed that 20 pounds or so is when people have seen enough to risk asking. I do think they notice sooner, but are afraid to ask just in case, you know? Before you know it, you'll be getting 'hey, skinny!' comments! :) Congrats on one of the best NSV's ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your feel good moment:) I'd say that qualifies as an NSV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smoke it does! Don't you feel awesome or what!! Were you smiling all day!!??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys, yes it was the best feeling and just made the rest of my afternoon. Wasn't nothin' gettin' me down after that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh hell ya that is a NSV! A big one! Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved those comments! Definitely a motivator!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!