Monday, September 9, 2013

Passed my first Milestone already!

I have an app on the iPad I installed before I started this journey, so the other day when I updated it to reflect my 15 pound weight loss in just three weeks, I was delighted to see I'd already reached the first of twelve milestones. It's called Happy Scale and it here's the description from their website: "Your weight naturally jumps up and down by pounds every day. When you're tracking fat loss, which is just a few ounces daily, these fluctuations are maddening. Happy Scale smooths out your daily scale weights to predict your true weight." So instead of seeing the fluctuations, it smooths out the graph, but you can choose to see the actual weight which appears as the dot points connected to the graph line.

I especially like the milestones feature. I had set it to divide my weight loss into 12 segments, because I hoped to be down by a hundred pounds within a year. I really need to drop 150, but I'll be happy to get 100 off, trust me. So I double checked the stats I had entered and I actually set the ideal weight range at 125-135 pounds. So I'm 1/12th of the way to that goal, not just 100 pounds. I think that's pretty good for three weeks.

Oh, and it also predicts when you'll reach your goal. Mine says March 2014! Now that's based on my progress so far, and I have no doubt that will slow down, so March is optimistic but I'll be interested to see how things go. I especially hope to see that graph line continue its downward trend. :)

1 comment:

  1. That app looks very interesting. I will have to check it out. Congrats on the 15 lbs!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!