Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Day 3 is over, still doing great!

So today's report is going to sound a lot like yesterday and the day before, but that's good, it means I'm settling in to the routine. This morning I weighed in again, only cuz it's my first week ... I plan to only weigh weekly after this, honest! I weighed in at 128.1 kg (282.41 lb) which is a loss of 0.8 kg (1.76 lb) since yesterday. Once again that was half fat, half water. Not bad ... that means in just two days I lost 2.2 kg (4.85 lb) which I'm quite pleased with. This could be a very good week!

I didn't have the protein shake this morning as I wasn't hungry yet, but did head out for a 30 minute walk. After that I made an egg wrap - that's one whole egg plus two egg whites mixed and poured into a hot pan, then when nearly cooked I flipped it over to ensure both sides were set and carefully folded it over, then set it aside ... it resembled a crepe at this point. Into the pan I cooked a small amount of onion and green peppers, and a bit of leftover chicken diced small. I set that aside, returned the egg crepe to the pan and put a bit of Kraft LiveFree very low-fat cheese on it and a couple very thin slices of low-sodium ham. On that I added the onion, pepper and chicken filling and folded it over, flipping carefully to melt the cheese on both sides. I gotta say, this was more work than a shake, but totally worth it, this was delicious.

Lunch was some leftover Lazy Cabage Casserole from yesterday, and dinner was a stir fry using some of my leftover veggies, cauliflower rice and chicken, with garlic, ginger, a small amount of soy sauce and low-sodium beef stock (I didn't have chicken). Just trying to use up leftovers, and it was quite tasty. A bit later I had a protein shake as a sort of dessert as I was a little hungry. All in all a very tasty day.

That's my report for day three, I'll check in again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Good going! Is Dr. Poon's diet different from other low carb diets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's not only lw carb but also low fat and low sodium. I have done Atkins years ago and you only had to watch carbs. I don't know about other plans, but yes this is very restrictive in phase one because he generally only takes on patients with medical conditions as a result of their obesity.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!