Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Day 2 and a nice loss. :)

I've completed day two on Dr Poon's Metabolic Diet and though I probably should weigh only once a week, I imagined my first week would show a nice drop so I got on the scale. Today I weighed 128.9 kg (284.18 lb) which is a nice drop of 1.4 kg (3.09 lb) in my first day. Wouldn't it be great to drop three pounds every day? The scale tells me it was half fat and half water, so that's pretty good indeed.

I started the day with another Atkins protein shake (chocolate) made with one cup unsweetened almond milk. Then we went for a half hour walk. I do hope I start building up some endurance soon because I live on a crest and climbing the last stretch home is a killer!

Lunch was a salad with green capsicum (bell pepper), cucumber and cos lettuce with a couple teaspoons of a low fat, low carb Italian dressing and the leftovers from last night's beef stir fry.

For dinner I tried one of Leigh's recipes from her Poonapalooza blog, Lazy Cabbage Casserole, and it was really good! My crockpot must be smaller than hers, it's a five litre round one, so I couldn't fit all the cabbage on top ... I put 1/4 head shredded on the bottom, then the meat mixture, and only had room for about half the remaining 1/4 head. The cabbage on top didn't cook as much as the stuff on the bottom, so next time I'll put it on bottom as well, but we really liked this! Yes, even my hubby who is not on the diet enjoyed it very much. Thanks, Leigh, it's a winner ... two thumbs up! :)

I had forgotten to drink water earlier in the day but from afternoon onward I had plenty. Again I never really felt hungry, nor full ... which is just fine. I feel great and hope to continue with big drops the rest of this week. That's it for now, I'll check in again tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Do you ever see a title of a blog or anything and have to click on it just cuz it caught your eye?
    Well that happened today. I was ... heck I can't remember who's blog I was checking in on ... anyways yours was on the side bar and I thought, hummm time to check out a new blog. I just spent a wee bit of time reading back to pretrip and diet and am very interested in reading more.
    It may take me time to read and "get to know" you a bit but I'm going to follow along with your new diet plan and see how things go from you and just maybe learn a bunch of good things for me to try on my final time on losing the last 50 lbs that just won't go away.
    I'm taking a blogging break right now, my sister passed away recently and my dad isn't doing well and I just don't have it in me to come up with lots to say when sometimes getting two and two together is enough. But I love spending time reading so thus me being here today.
    I wish you the very best of luck with your life style changes.
    Take care and God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, so glad you found me! I am so sorry for your loss, and I hope your dad will be alright. I understand why you're not up to writing, but I'm glad you're interested in my journey and I'll check out your blog as well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!