Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 1 on Dr Poon, Phase 1

So I've done it ... I've completed Day 1 on the first phase of Dr Poon's Metabolic Diet. I started the day with a protein shake and a thirty minute walk, then ran out to buy a new scale -- one that measures body fat percentage, as well as water. I found a Weight Watchers model by Conair for $39. According to this new scale, I started today at 130.3 kg (287.26 lb) and 45.8% of that is fat, or 59.68 kg (131.57 lb).  I'm 39.5% water. It also measures bone, but I won't need to track that. So this is my starting point. I also recorded some starting measurements, but I'm not confident they're accurate as it's not easy to measure yourself. Still, it will be interesting to compare those down the track.

So what did I eat today? Well as I mentioned, a chocolate Atkins shake made with 1 cup unsweetened almond milk was breakfast about 10am. We got a late start shopping so it was nearly 3pm before I had lunch, and I wanted something quick. I found lower sodium ham sliced thin, so I took three large lettuce leaves and put three slices of ham on each one, with a sprinkle of Kraft LiveFree very low-fat cheese and a squirt of mustard and rolled them up. Dinner was a beef stir fry with some cauliflower rice, broccoli, green capsicum, celery and baby bok choy. I used one tablespoon of soy sauce to marinate the meat ... didn't use any in the sauce because I couldn't find a low-sodium version ... with a small amount of low-sodium beef stock, garlic and ginger. It was quite nice, and there is some leftover for lunch tomorrow as well. Hubby even liked it.

I can't say I was truly hungry at all today, but I never felt full either. Satisfied though. All in all day one was good. I have a small headache but better than it's been the last few days. I have been drinking water rather than Pepsi Max today as well. Off to bed now as I am also trying to ensure I get enough sleep. :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you and to watch you on this new "diet"... I have heard good things from others. good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!