Monday, July 22, 2013

Dr Poon's Metabolic Diet has arrived ...

I may have been quiet in blog land for awhile, but I assure you I've been continuing my research into the right way to get this weight off. Having dieted most of my adult life, I've already tried so many things, and recent books, blogs and websites I've explored are all leading me to the same conclusion ... for me, it's all about controlling carbs and insulin spikes.  It's explained very well in this 4-part video series by Merritt Wellness ... all of my research is leading me down this new path.

I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of Dr Poon's Metabolic Diet book, and it's finally arrived today! Having been inspired by Leigh from Poonapalooza, I had to get my hands on the book, and that wasn't easy. Amazon and other bookstores no longer carry it, so I had to contact Ontario Nutrition directly, and Doug was kind enough to arrange to ship it to me.  I don't have access to a clinic here in Australia, but I'm hopeful my local doctor can assist with anything the clinic would normally do, as it's a medically supervised program.

So that's where I'm at right now ... just weeks away from turning 50, and weighing more than I have in a very long time, I've got hope for a healthy future. Watch this space ... you ain't seen the last of me yet, though hopefully soon you'll see less of me.

2 comments:

  1. Leigh is a total inspiration to me too. Good luck with Dr. Poon's diet. I will be looking forward to following your progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the program. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry anonymous commenters, but you'll have to prove you're not a robot because the spammers were driving me crazy! They never get through yet they were persistent!