Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What's really important

So I feel like given the things going on in the world right now, my struggles with my weight certainly pale in comparison ... so totally unimportant when people are dealing with so much worse. My heart goes out to the people involved in the Boston bombing and their loved ones. I couldn't believe it when I heard about it.

I wanted to talk about intermittent fasting, as I've read "Eat, Stop, Eat" and decided to give it a go. I didn't worry so much about stopping at 6pm last night ... dinner was later than that. I thought it wasn't so important to worry about time just yet, let's see if I can skip breakfast and lunch, with no snacking, nothing but water. So I did that and you know what? It was easy. I felt a little hungry briefly about 11:30 or so, but it was mild and quickly passed. I ate a normal dinner and some nuts, and I'm fine now. I don't feel like I want more, I'm satisfied.

The book suggests a 24 hour fast once or twice a week, or even every other day. You make it easier by stopping at a specific time, say 6pm, then don't eat again until 6pm the next day.  Another way is to pick a 6-8 hour window during which you eat each day, so you could try 12:30pm to 6:30pm or whatever works for you. I don't know how often I'll do this but it's good to know I can do it.

That's it for now, I got nothing else. Stay safe people, it's a crazy world out there.


1 comment: