Saturday, December 1, 2012

Forgot to mention my workouts this week

I was in a hurry with the previous post and so excited about my weight loss this morning that I forgot to mention my workouts! They've been kind of sporadic up until now, mostly just walking the dogs, etc., but with the weather heating up recently, and fly season starting early, it's not been very pleasant. Fly season is what I call summer in Australia because not only are there a lot of flies, but they're aggressive here, so they fly in your eyes, up your nose, in your mouth ... you get the idea. I'm not very tolerant of them, but I wanted to add exercise this week, so Monday, Wednesday and Friday I did 2 miles each of a new Walk Away The Pounds Video I got recently. On this one, Leslie has five separate one mile workouts that you can combine as you like, and each features what she calls "boosted walking" segments, which is really just gentle jogging.

So I did miles 1 and 2 on Monday, 3 and 4 on Wednesday, and 4 and 5 on Friday. Wow can I feel it! Like I said, I walk now and then, but it's just one foot in front of the other. With Leslie's videos you add kicks, knee lifts, side steps, tap outs, and gentle jogging, as well as arm work so it includes more muscle groups and that's why I'm feeling it more. But it feels good and I feel better as I go about my normal daily activities now. It's weird, it's a different mindset. Even though I've just started again, it makes me carry myself differently all day. I walk taller, I feel thinner and fitter, and just generally feel good about myself. That's reason enough to keep going, whether I'm burning many calories or not.

I don't want to overdo it, but I'd like to do something on the other days as well. I might add some of my Body Groove workouts which is more fun and stress relieving. Or I might just mix up the miles of my WATP videos. I'll let you know how I go. So that's it for today.

1 comments:

Leigh C. said...

Great loss on your previous post and impressive workouts to boot! Those videos sound awesome and are a full body workout. Good job:)